Best Backlit Keyboards 2022: The Top Keyboards You Can Buy Today
Last updated Jan 2022
Whether you’re a gamer or not, backlighting is still a handy feature to have if you’re typing in a dim environment. In this review we will run through a list of some of the best-backlit keyboards that you can find in the market. Though the choices are unbiased for wired or wireless keyboards, price factor is something that will churn your pocket to think upside down. Let us make your choice fatigues less hurting.
If the cord running out of the back of keyboard doesn’t bother you, then Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 won’t disappoint you either. This model from Logitech features 3 levels adjustable illumination to comfort your eyes in various lighting conditions. The slim and sleek profile at 9.3mm thickness is as thinner as modern day mobiles. The keyboard is plug-and-play, compatible with Windows.
- Soft rubber cushioned palm rest with ergonomic curves to prevent your hands from slipping while you type.
- PerfectStroke technology (Read more) distributes the keystroke evenly adding effortless and smooth key press.
- The illumination can be adjusted manually using the brightness key located in the top right corner of the keyboard. Only the key characters are illuminated, so you see just what you need to see without distraction.
- Plug and Play functionality, no need to install drivers. Simply plug in the USB cable and start typing. The cable is long, approximately 1.8m (6 ft) in length.
- The keyboard has enough gravity to surface, thanks to sturdy plastic housing.
- The frequently used DELETE key is larger in size so your fingers locate it more easily, and the INSERT key is moved to the top of the keyboard to prevent you from typing it accidently.
- There are 12 shortcut keys which you can customize via Logitech SetPoint software.
If spending an extra few bucks over the previous model (K740) doesn’t hurt your pocket, well Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard is a perfect choice for you. The fact that its wireless might throw another question, do we need batteries to operate it? The answer is an amazing ‘No’. K800 houses two removable 2 AA NIMH 2000mah which can run the show for 10 days (*depends on usage) in a single charge.
- Sleek and ergonomic premium design with soft palm rest
- Auto- adjustable illumination- the keyboard automatically adjusts the backlighting to suit the lighting conditions. And there are function keys to manually to control back-light intensity.
- Logitech k800 comes with a proximity sensor which automatically turns the backlight on and off as your hands approach the keyboard for typing. This is a useful feature in saving the battery life when you take breaks while typing.
- There is a small power switch on the top right of the keyboard, and there is a battery level indicator next to it.
- The top row has all the standard function keys, from F1 to F12. And above the numpad, you’ll also find four buttons for mute, volume up, volume down, and a shortcut that brings up the calculator.
- The keyboard has Logitech Incurve keys (read more) to provide you a better typing experience and their round edges make it easy for fingertips to glide from key to key.
- Fast recharging over micro-USB. Decent ~ Excellent battery backup
- Plug and play with the aid of Logitech Unifying USB receiver.
MX800 is a keyboard-mouse combo, which is basically the upgraded version of M800 with an extra hardware- a mouse. With premium and ultra-precise design features, MX800 is a perfect for keyboard warriors — programmers and typists.
- The keyboard (its the same M800 keyboard we discussed in #2) gives you a super- reliable, stable and repeatable typing experience. Auto-illuminated keyboard with adjustable light settings is a pure bliss.
- The mouse is tough-as-nails. It has superior ergonomics and is very comfy in the hand.
- The mouse features darkfield laser technology, which means it will track on just about any surface (even clear glass)
- On the right of the mouse, there are four customizable thumb buttons to speed things up and enhance your productivity.
- The mouse has a DPI button to control mouse sensitivity.
- There is also 3-level battery indicator to show you the power left in your battery. Additionally, there is an on/off switch at the bottom of the mouse.
- A single unifying receiver connects both mouse and keyboard. On another note, the unifying receiver plug lets you add up to six compatible wireless devices.
If day to day usage is your priority, then without a setback you can go with K830 model from Logitech. This all-in-one keyboard is compact, sleek and lightweight makes is the perfect choice to carry around.
- This all-in-one keyboard comes with an inbuilt trackpad, illuminated chicklet keys and all functionalities of a standard keyboard.
- Soft, smooth and firm keys on the keyboard.
- The ambient light sensor works decent and adjusts the brightness of illuminated keys pretty well.
- Built-in LiPo batteries serve to the standard and have a backup of up to 10 days.
- Supports connecting by either Bluetooth and Logitech’s Unifying Receiver USB plug.
- A great wireless range of 10 m (33 ft) wireless.
- Works perfectly fine on Android, Windows and Mac OS.
Are you looking for a viable alternative for apple magic keyboard? The Logitech K810 is what you should go for. This keyboard promises to deliver everything we’ve always wanted: compact design, good looks, and performance.
Factors that inclines you:
- Stylish, ultra-thin and compact design.
- 30 ft. connectivity range.
- Responsive illumination sensor, that fires upon sensing user’s hand.
- Rechargeable over micro-USB and runs for at least 10 hours.
- On/Off switch on the right side panel helps you conserve power when the keyboard is not in use.
- Ergonomically soothing to hands and brushed Aluminum look adds garnish to aesthetics.
- The keyboard has Logitech Incurve keys to provide you a better typing experience and their round edges make it easy for fingertips to glide from key to key.
- This keyboard is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and even a Kindle, all connected via Bluetooth.
If the aesthetics are your prime factor, then this budget-friendly keyboard is not going to let you down. The elegant LED backlit has around 7 colors, making it a visual treat for eyes. Only costing couple dozen dollars, this is one among the cheapest backlit keyboards that you could find in the market, which could give the best allrounder performance. With an inbuilt LiPo battery, it could power in full brightness for around 5~6 hours.
- Obviously, one of the cheapest wireless backlit keyboard out there.
- The built quality is decent for the price range
- Compatible with almost all modern day devices.
- LED multicolor backlit (7 colors) is simply bliss, especially in dark
- Battery backup is pretty decent and could be stretched by 30% if LED illumination is set to lowest.
- The metal design is carefully crafted to match the keyboard aesthetics.
7) iClever Wireless Folding Keyboard
If an ultimate portable and easy to handle keyboard is your idea, then iClever Wireless Folding Keyboard is just the thing that you need. Compatible with almost all platforms, this keyboard even works fine with Raspberry Pi cluster and Ubuntu. Backlit functionality is more than good on this keyboard, with an inbuilt Lion battery, an average working of 4~ 5 hours is guaranteed with full backlit.
It’s easy for us to recommend the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K810 to anyone shopping for the mini keyboard to use in darker work environments and travelers who want a keyboard easy to carry around.
- Multiple platform compatibility
- Foldable design makes it compact and easy for transportation.
- Can be connected via Bluetooth and USB.
- Features a durable aluminum body. It has keys that are nearly the same size and have nearly the same amount of space between them as on a late-model MacBook Pro.
- According to iClever, users can expect about five hours of use from the keyboard between charges with the backlight on, and up to 30 hours of typing with the lights turned off.
Razer DeathStalker Expert is one among the best wireless gaming keyboards out there. The brand name is just enough to pull your curiosity into this peripheral. The limelight shall be turned to the 10 keys ‘anti-ghosting’ ability of this keyboard, which is nothing but the ability of a keyboard to process multiple key clicks simultaneously (important for pro gamers). The design is so carefully sculpted with 2mm chiclet keys, to ensure accurate and responsive keystrokes.
- The form factor is precisely chiseled for gaming needs, with all keys located at the exact spots where you need them to be.
- The backlit feature is exceptionally good and works like a bliss
- The keyboard sturdy and feels heavy on the desk. It can take all stand up to long periods of use and is design for users who take gaming very seriously. Bring it on!
- It’s a backlit keyboard which is good for late night gaming sessions. And it has got individually illuminated keys, which looks pretty cool.
- Keys and device lighting can be configured using the Razer Synapse 2.0 software.
Asus is one name that gets well along in the gaming genre. Cerberus 30500 wired keyboard is nothing less than that expectation. The SECC steel plate is precisely carved into the keyboard to provide a rugged durability. Blue and Red are often considered the standard backlit choices when it comes to gaming and the same trend is being followed here too. Another the notable feature shall be the splash-proof design which ensures the internals are excused if in case your coffee spills by accident during late night gaming sessions. We recommend gamers to buy the keyboard mouse combo for this model.
- The form factor is designed for gaming needs and is on par with standards.
- Blue and red backlit works like a charm and has 4 levels of brightness adjustments.
- Anti-Ghosting is available
- Splash-proof feature will ensure longer life
- The keys are perfectly carved and placed for extensive gaming
- Fully rubberized feet
- Fully rubberized feet – Enhanced friction for strong movement
If you are on a budget but need something for gaming that doesn’t have any constraints, well Logitech G213 is your pick. With a lot of features to boast, this is one fine budget friendly wired keyboard out in the market sporting exclusive features for gaming. The aesthetics are bomb diggity with multicolor zoning and less light leak around the keycaps to improve visual clarity. The keystroke response is super-fast compared to an ordinary keyboard, making this a perfect choice in your gaming arsenal.
- The design features are well sculpted to accommodate all keys without compromising the much-needed multimedia keys.
- Features Chicklet-style keys.
- The tactile feel of the keys is very much cozy, especially for gamers.
- Braided cord extends the life of keyboard, at the same time makes it easy to pull around.
- Has anti-ghosting and 2ms response time.
- Software to allow you to adjust illumination
If gaming is what a computer means to you, then ‘Corsair’ shall be the holy name to baptize it. No matter if you’re talking about a mouse, graphics card, storage or RAM, uncompromised performance is what you can expect from this brand, so does the same with K55 RGB wireless gaming keyboard. While backlit RGB would blow your mind, this beast host a show by its onboard macro recording feature without the need for external software. It’s ‘take and walk’ deal sporting all your gaming needs without compromising on the aesthetics, however, all these attributes would demand a good sum from your wallet.
- A full-sized keyboard with soft rubber cushioned palm rest.
- Six programmable onboard macro keys would give a cozy treat to your gaming experience.
- There are some 10+ RGB modes to choose from to apply over three different zones in the keyboard.
- Membrane keyboard ensures soft and smooth keystrokes, thus provide a quiet typing/gaming experience.
- Anti-ghosting, >2ms response time, zero flex, sturdy plastic body etc. would stand in your favor.
That’s all, folks!